Outstanding Owl

T.J. Baker is the “big man on campus” and plans to use that power to make some changes around Temple. After working with the Temple Student Government (TSG) for over a year and half, he

T.J. Baker is the “big man on campus” and plans to use that power to make some changes around Temple.

After working with the Temple Student Government (TSG) for over a year and half, he is now the 2001-2002 Student Body President. Therion Baker II, better known as T.J., seems to have a positive outlook on life and a smile for everyone.

The 21-year-old senior, double majoring in CIS and Business Management and minoring in Spanish, constantly takes time out to give back to his community.

Baker works with the United Way and since the tenth grade, he has participated in the Big Brothers and Little Sisters program. He also volunteers for PhilaCares, Women’s Final Four, and the 76ers’ camp. Yet, he still finds time to take the kids of the neighborhood to sporting events.

“I want to bring something to Temple that is not already here,” said Baker on his goal as president.

Working to bring more to Temple, Baker selflessly dedicates many hours a week for the benefit of the students. He loves Temple, sometimes considering it a diamond in the rough with many hidden assets. From Director of Promotions to President of the Student Body, Baker has the character and creativity to leave his mark at Temple for years to come.