Outstanding Owl

Rebecca Winkler, 21, has surpassed her own expectations since she left her home state of Wisconsin four years ago. Her list of accomplishments includes three years of being a Resident Assistant (RA), community work and

Rebecca Winkler, 21, has surpassed her own expectations since she left her home state of Wisconsin four years ago. Her list of accomplishments includes three years of being a Resident Assistant (RA), community work and playing the maramba since fourth grade.

For many years Winkler has been an active mentor for the Big Brother/Big Sister program of Philadelphia. In addition, she has been a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and various charity runs, including the Philadelphia Distance Run for Jefferson Hospital.

Along with being an RA, which in itself is a challenging job, Rebecca works with Student Recreation Services. She has recently become involved with the Adopted Recreation Programs, where she helps people with disabilities exercise. She is also a student panelist on the University Disciplinary Committee and involved with various dormitory senates and judicial boards.

To add to her already busy schedule, Rebecca is also the president of Temple’s American Advertising Federation (TAAF) for advertising majors.

As a member of Kappa Tao Alpha, the journalism Honors society, and the
Golden Key National Honors Society, Rebecca maintains a 3.7 GPA. She plans to continue her studies, hoping to be accepted into the mass communication graduate program at the University of Pennsylvania.

With all of her accomplishments, Rebecca says she leads her life with one motto: “Lead by example.”

She believes that Temple, or any college, is what you make of it and encourages students to get involved and make the best of their time here.

Pooja Shah can be reached pshah004@temple.edu.