Outstanding Owl: Caroline Pace

With a major in Visual Anthropology, senior Caroline Pace has been accepted into Temple Med School for fall 2002. Although her major, the study of how we present ourselves as a culture, might be unusual

With a major in Visual Anthropology, senior Caroline Pace has been accepted into Temple Med School for fall 2002. Although her major, the study of how we present ourselves as a culture, might be unusual for a soon-to-be medical student, Pace has always known she wanted to be a doctor. She is currently looking into the field of forensics pathology.

This 22-year-old with bright purple hair — a last hoorah as she completes her final semester as a Temple undergrad — is very active around campus. Pace is currently the president of the Honors Student Council. Along with the rest of the council, she plans events to help create a sense of community around campus.

For the past two years, Pace has been the Student Advisor/Ombudsperson for the Anthropology department. In addition, Pace is now the Vice-President for the College Council of Liberal Arts and the Vice-President of the Majors Association. With this position, Pace heads all the student advisers in each major and coordinates events, as well as working with the president on issues of finance and advertising.

In addition to being a University Honors student, Pace is part of the Golden Key National Honors Society and Alpha Lamda Delta. She has also been made an Honorary member of the Chemistry Society, as she is not a chemistry major, but takes many courses in the department.

Pace works as an assistant to Joe Labolito, the campus photographer. Although originally hired as a lackey, she now handles the negatives and burns CDs containing images that appeared in the Temple Times. Occasionally she takes the camera and shoots some campus events.

Nominate an Owl!
If you know someone who is an ‘Outstanding Owl,’ let us know! Send your suggestions to Caitlin Ryan at cryan002@temple.edu

Pace also holds down a job with the Princeton Review, where she teaches refresher courses for MCAT preparation in Organic and General Chemistry. Currently she teaches at Roosevelt College in Center City, but has recently been offered positions at Lehigh University and Dickinson College.

In her spare time, which is a rare treat, Pace releases her creative energy in her artwork. She is also a photographer for the Honors Portrait Gallery. If she is not absorbed in the arts and crafts, Pace can be seen at most of the Temple basketball games where she cheers with the best of the fans.

“I came into Temple as one of those people who is interested in many things, but tries to incorporate them all into my life,” Pace said of her many interests.

As her time as a Temple undergraduate comes to an end, Pace is excited about what the future holds. She is currently putting into words her experiences here at Temple as she applies to be a commencement speaker this May.