Owls For Life Denied Funding at 12/2 TSG Meeting–

At the TSG meeting on 12/2, Owls for Life, was denied funding by the General Assembly, mainly because voters did not want to see their money going to the Genocide Awareness Project (GAP). GAP was

At the TSG meeting on 12/2, Owls for Life, was denied funding by the General Assembly, mainly because voters did not want to see their money going to the Genocide Awareness Project (GAP). GAP was responsible for October’s graphic pro-life exhibit by the Bell Tower.
I’m troubled, knowing that a university that values diversity is so willing to silence those that challenge popular opinion. But, I can understand the action of the G.A. It was a disturbing exhibit. People don’t want to see it or pay for it. I can understand that.
As disturbing as those images were, people owe it to themselves, if they care about the issue, to see pictures such as the GAP images and know the procedure and what it looks like. If you can remain pro-abortion after seeing it, then I give you grudging respect.
No matter where you stand, you owe it to yourself and your cause to study those gruesome pictures and to learn all you can about the opposing viewpoint.
If you are indifferent, you have a big choice to make. At its core, the issue is this: humankind has the ability to override natural processes. Something that will become a baby, if all goes naturally well, can be safely destroyed before it can live on its own. Should it be a protected right and a celebrated rite for a human to override what is essentially and naturally human, whenever the human sees fit?
The implications are enormous; there are too many to discuss here. If you are neutral, pick a side. It’s too important to ignore. If you have an opinion, then, for the good of us all, learn all you can about the issue. Even if you have to study nasty pictures.

Sincerely,
Bill Riechers
Owls for Life TSG Representative
major: jazz performance ’04