Pensyl highlights Terrier Invitational for men’s team

Senior has not competed since 2012.

After suffering an almost two year layoff due to injury, senior Dylan Pensyl highlighted Boston University’s Terrier Invitational two-day meet for the Owls.

In the field event, Pensyl had the best finish among the Owls and his best performance since 2012 securing a sixth place finish in the long jump with a mark of 6.69m.

Pensyl also took to the track in the 60m dash finishing with a season-best of 7.29.

Coach Eric Mobley said Pensyl is “getting better and better.”

“This is the first time he has competed since 2012 so it’s going to take him some time to get his rhythm back,” Mobley said. “So far he is progressing. He is a real competitor. He is taking one day at a time at practice.”

Freshman Joseph Ho tied his personal best of 8.75 from last week as he placed 31st in the prelims of the 60m hurdles.

On the second day of competition, senior Will Kellar ran his 3,000m race setting a personal best of 8:29.80.

Junior Alex Izewski, placed 46th in the 5,000m race with a time of 15:19.09 in the final event of competition.

The Owl will next travel to State College on Friday to compete in the Penn State National Open.

“We are taking full advantage of the opportunity that we have,” Mobley said. “We are just focusing on just competing.”

Danielle Nelson can be reached at danielle.nelson@temple.edu or on Twitter @Dan_Nels.