Philadelphia’s Halloween spots

It’s that season again. Time to break out those costumes and masks. Time to decorate those doors and carve those pumpkins. And in the spirit of all those trick or treaters, creepy ghosts and green

It’s that season again. Time to break out those costumes and masks. Time to decorate those doors and carve those pumpkins.

And in the spirit of all those trick or treaters, creepy ghosts and green goblins, Philly is opening coffins and pulling out brooms.

Located in a warehouse in South Philly, Fright Factory, is Philadelphia’s premier haunted house. During the Great Depression, many factory workers lost their jobs and the stress was just too much for some to bear.

Some workers went insane.

At the Fright Factory’s “Forgotten Insane Asylum,” those insane workers may be forgotten but they await some company, if you dare visit.

You can also travel through a “Pitch Black” cave, using your senses to guide you. If you are having trouble seeing at night, wait until you experience this total darkness.

And if you always thought you liked carnivals, wait until you experience, “CarnEvil 3-D.” Fright Factory’s clowns seem not to be so happy. Their appetite is bigger than ever and they have not only lost their minds, but also lost their eyes, along with some of their limbs.

Be prepared to erase all of those carnival thoughts of food and fun.

Get ready for the “Terror Behind the Walls” at the Eastern State Penitentiary. Here you can find the ghosts of Al Capone and Willie Sutton traveling with you through the crumbling cellblocks of this former prison.

“Terror Behind the Walls” is sure to leave your knees shaking and heart jumping as you walk through rusting cell doors with creepy guards. This prison was definitely built to intimidate.

Just in case these fright fests are too much to handle, you can always enjoy candlelight Ghost Tour of Philadelphia.

Listen to the tales of our historic and haunted city as you travel through Independence Park and Society Hill.

This is sure to be great fun and excitement for all ages.

There are tours for anyone of any age; it’s just a matter of finding what will scare you the most.

So this Halloween venture out into the city and do something more courageous than eating the gravy covered mystery meat at the caf. There’s so much to do, you just have to be daring enough to find it.

Tamara Fisher can be reached at Teegirl24@aol.com