Police still investigating two armed robberies

Police are still searching for two alleged robbers in separate, unrelated incidents from Friday and Saturday after two TU Alerts were sent out.

At 5:32 p.m. Friday, a 59-year-old man was walking west on the 1200 block of Hilton St. near Germantown Avenue by the Health Sciences Campus when a man hit him on the left side of the head and stole $595 cash, an iPhone 5 and a wallet, said Charlie Leone, Executive Director of Campus Safety Services.

Leone said the victim was cut as a result of the hit, and that the man believed he was hit with a gun. He was treated at Einstein Hospital and later released.

The victim described the suspect to police as 20-30 years old, 6 feet tall and between 190-200 pounds. He wore a black hoodie, blue jeans and white and red shoes.

On Saturday at about 4 a.m., a 23-year-old man was walking through a playground at 1100 Susquehanna Ave. near the Edberg-Olson Football Complex when another man displayed a silver handgun and stole more than $300 of property, Leone said.

Taken was a wallet with various IDs, a G-shock watch valued at $100, a Samsung cellphone valued at $200 and $25 cash. The man then fled west on Susquehanna Avenue and the victim told police he wore a grey hoodie and camouflage pants.

Tipsters can contact Temple Police at 215-204-1234.

Julie Christie can be reached at julie.christie@temple.edu or on Twitter @ChristieJules.

Julie Christie
can be reached at julie.christie@temple.edu Or you can follow Julie on Twitter @ChristieJules Follow The Temple News @TheTempleNews