Public Relations Internship-Spring 2002

ASSOCIATION HEADQUARTERS OFFERS PUBLIC RELATIONS OPPORTUNITY TO REGION’S COLLEGE STUDENTS 2002 Spring Internship – An Investment In Our Youth WHO: College juniors and seniors majoring in Public Relations, English, Communications, Journalism, or other related fields

ASSOCIATION HEADQUARTERS OFFERS PUBLIC RELATIONS OPPORTUNITY TO REGION’S COLLEGE STUDENTS

2002 Spring Internship – An Investment In Our Youth

WHO: College juniors and seniors majoring in Public Relations, English, Communications, Journalism, or other related fields are eligible to apply.

WHAT: Association Headquarters, Inc. (AH) is offering college students an opportunity to gain professional hands-on experience in the field of association and society management public relations.

AH is looking for a student with exceptional communication skills and the willingness to learn and excel in public relations. Three college credits or the equivalent of 120 hours is offered to a student for a 12-week internship. The student’s weekly internship agenda ensures the student gains experience in all aspects of association and society management public relations.

The intern works closely with the AH public relations group writing and distributing press releases, feature articles and newsletters, maintaining media databases, conducting client research and assisting with administrative duties. Additionally, the student will assist in planning press conferences and developing trade show promotional materials.

WHEN: Beginning the week of January 21, 2002

WHERE: Association Headquarters, Inc., based in Mount Laurel, N.J., is a leader in the field of voluntary organization management. For more than two decades, the company has provided full service executive management, trade show management, meeting and convention planning, public relations, membership development, and administrative support for trade associations and professional societies.

DEADLINE: The deadline for submission is January 4, 2002. The application requirements include an essay/cover letter describing career goals and relevant experience, writing samples and a resume. Interviews and selection for the top candidate will be conducted the week of
January 7, 2002.

CONTACT: Jennifer Szwalek, director of public relations by phone at (856) 439-0500, by e-mail at jszwalek@ahint.com or by mail at 17000 Commerce Parkway, Suite C, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054.