Reach Nirvana, and for your wallet, at Buddakan

With the Starr name attached, Buddakan naturally puts a modern twist on Asian cuisine.

ANNA ZHILKOVA TTN This giant golden Buddha serves as the focal point in Stephen Starr’s Asian-style Old City restaurant, Buddakan.

Stephen Starr’s Buddakan lures in lovers of Asian cuisine with its modern twist on age-old traditions. From lobster tempura to sesame chicken to fried spiced duck, Buddakan serves a variety of foods to satisfy any craving for a tasty Asian-infused meal.

The Old City restaurant features a giant statue of Buddha as the setting’s focal point and dim lighting, so the mood is set for a dressier occasion. The dishes come family-style and can be a bit pricey, as dinner plates range from $18 to $32.

Lunch, however, is the perfect option for the average money-saving college student. Buddakan offers a slightly different menu during this time, so lunchtime items range from $12 to $18. It is also possible to create a custom three-course meal for lunch, an option not available to dinner guests.

While at Buddakan, be sure to save room for dessert. This restaurant serves mouth-watering sweets that will have some patrons wishing they saved a little more room in their stomachs. Buddakan is known for its Chocolate Bento Box and doughnuts.

If you are looking to experience a modern twist on Asian cuisine during a nice afternoon or night out, check out Buddakan, and you will not go home hungry.

Chelsea Wargo can be reached at chelsea.wargo@temple.edu.