‘Real World’ Recap

Fraternizing was the theme, and most overused word, in this week’s episode of The Real World: Philadelphia. Landon’s biography on MTV.com says he loves female attention. And that is exactly what he got with someone

Fraternizing was the theme, and most overused word, in this week’s episode of The Real World: Philadelphia. Landon’s biography on MTV.com says he loves female attention. And that is exactly what he got with someone who happened to be the account manager of the Philadelphia Soul. The interns’ contracts prohibit fraternizing; which means they will be fired from the Soul. And if they get fired, they get sent home.

In the confessional, Landon said the definition of the word was too vague. He decided to pursue the relationship for the time being. The couple goes to Glam; the same club where MJ hooked up with Temple soccer goalie Jackie Mauro and a favorite hang out spot for this season’s two straight men. There were a few seconds of the happy couple dancing, cuddling and drinking.

“The whole conversation we had on the bus was awesome,” Gina said. “But I just can’t hook up with someone.” She also explained the meaning of fraternizing; “no one can know until everything is out in the open.” Then they proceeded to kiss – in the open.

The next day, the group participated in the Easter Seals Walkathon, a walk for individuals with disabilities and special needs. Shavonda was nervous because negative childhood experiences caused her to fear people with disabilities. She expressed her concerns with the boss and other cast members, but chose to try to overcome her fear. Ultimately, she was pleased with the success of the walk, and realized that there was nothing to fear. After the walk, Landon and Gina kissed once more. MJ asked if he touched her “boob,” and Landon gleefully replied yes.

The fraternizing caught the attention of the Philadelphia Soul CFO, who met with the cast members to review the terms of the contract. Landon was nervous during the meeting, twitching his pen refusing to make eye contact. Afraid of being sent home, Landon decided to end his relationship with Gina.

Next week is another roller coaster of emotions. Sarah is devastated by a family illness while the relationship between Karamo and Dorian is at its breaking point.

Stephanie Young can be reached at sunbeam@temple.edu.