Reforms announced by TSG

Academic reforms were discussed at this week’s Temple Student Government meeting. The reorganization of the university core program was announced by TSG Vice President of Academic Affairs Alex Norman. According to Norman, the Faculty Senate

Academic reforms were discussed at this week’s Temple Student Government meeting.

The reorganization of the university core program was announced by TSG Vice President of Academic Affairs Alex Norman.

According to Norman, the Faculty Senate is considering options for changes in the core requirements. He said that any changes will not affect current students.

“Temple is getting more competitive to get in. High school students need higher GPA and higher SAT scores.” said Norman, “The question is if the [quality of the] courses corresponds to the smarter students.”

The Faculty Senate is looking for a dozen or so students to be present at their meetings and join the discussion.

Norman said that anyone interested in participating should contact him at the TSG office.

Reforms to the course evaluation process were also announced at the meeting.

The questions on the evaluation forms will be shorter, and all schools and all campuses will have the same form this year so programs and departments can be compared.

Evaluation forms may also be made accessible through internet.

The chair of the Community Services Affairs Committee, Tai Baker reminded students to register via internet for AIDS Walk, coming up on this Sunday.

To sign up, go to www.aidswalkphilly.org.

A reception to honor Temple’s volleyball team will be held Friday, Oct. 18 at Shusterman Hall at 5:15 p.m., followed by a game at 6:30p.m. in McGonigle Hall.

Organizational representatives were approved unanimously by the General Assembly and sworn in at the beginning of the meeting.

The GA also approved several bills for both Student Government and student organizations’ allocations.

Saeko Komura can be reached at saekokomura@yahoo.co.jp