Saturday night at The Underground: Nov. 12, 10 p.m.

The bands Creeping Weeds and Amy the Rat will perform at The Underground in the Student Center Annex Saturday, Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. Creeping Weeds is a local band, based in Fishtown, that has

The bands Creeping Weeds and Amy the Rat will perform at The Underground in the Student Center Annex Saturday, Nov. 12 at 10 p.m.

Creeping Weeds is a local band, based in Fishtown, that has been together a little longer than a year, said Peter Stewart, the band’s lead singer.

Members Kate Stewart and Justin Stitz play the bass guitar and keyboard, and Chris Wirtalla mans the drums.

The indie rock band has played throughout Philadelphia, including literally underground in the Market-Frankford El train.

Their self-titled EP is out and they are in the process of recording their first full album. To find out more information on the band and hear some of their music, visit www.creepingweeds.com.

Amy the Rat got their name from a character on an old TV show favorite, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The four member band operates out of the Philadelphia area.

“This is a very important show for us because two of us are part of the Temple community,” bassist Shannan Currier said. “Our drummer Bob Judge is a film student at Temple and I recently graduated from Tyler’s Art program.” 

Xrissy Pomroy sings and Dean DeCampli plays guitar. The artists come together to create music with a ’60s-era sound, Currier said. He added that they are influenced by bands like The Beatles, The Who and The Cranberries.

They have played at many Philadelphia venues, including the Pontiac Grille on South Street and the Manhattan Room in Fishtown.

Their new four-song demo CD, A Safe Bet, will be available for purchase at the show.

-Ashley Truxon