Saturday night at The Underground: Oct. 8, 10 p.m.

BurnDown All-Stars and United Soul, both regulars in the Philadelphia music scene, will perform at The Underground, this Saturday. Dave Quick, leader of BurnDown All-Stars, classified the band’s sound as hip-hop and a little like

BurnDown All-Stars and United Soul, both regulars in the Philadelphia music scene, will perform at The Underground, this Saturday.

Dave Quick, leader of BurnDown All-Stars, classified the band’s sound as hip-hop and a little like the Philadelphia group The Roots. However, he said they have a more positive message in their music. The group consists of a mix of instruments, disc jockeys and sometimes even backup singers. Usually, there are eight emcees performing, although the exact size and members of the group varies with each performance.

United Soul is a returning performer to Temple after playing at Mitten Hall several years ago. Band member Joshua Collins said that since their Mitten Hall performance, musically they “are on a whole different level now.”

Brothers Joshua and Aziz Collins founded the band in 2002. Collins hesitated to put their music in any category but said they are influenced by Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and new R&B artist Raheem DeVaughn. The Philadelphia natives recently opened in London for soul singer Jaguar Wright. United Soul plays at different Philadelphia venues, such as The Five Spot, a club in Old City. Their debut album, Reservations, released last February, can be found online at www.unitedsoulmusic.com.

-Ashley Truxon