Silva Says So

Change can bring both the good and bad out of everyone. The recent heat wave brings a change that will have some students migrating to a spot under the sun and others to a little

Change can bring both the good and bad out of everyone. The recent heat wave brings a change that will have some students migrating to a spot under the sun and others to a little shade.

Change is inevitable and is sprung, more times than not, when least expected. Speaking of change and the unexpected, the football team is changing offenses — for the fourth time in the past five seasons.

Coach Bobby Wallace has thrown the pro set formation out the door, hopefully ridding the inconsistencies and blunders endured the past two seasons on the offensive side of the ball.

With new offensive coordinator David Brock, the spread offense is basically geared toward placing a lot of faith and confidence into the receivers and backs, who will have a chain reaction from each other.

If the receivers are able to get a good jump on their routes and capitalize off the mismatches, the Owls will prosper and will be able to move the ball down the field, forcing the defense to make them run the ball.

If the backfield can find the hole and scrape up some yards then points should appear on the scoreboard and defenses will once again have to pressure the receivers.

When this cycle is repeated thoroughly and the above is followed every Saturday afternoon next season, then change could be a good thing.

Chris Silva can be reached at Cbsrican@aol.com