Sports Rewind

FENCING Three Temple fencers received bids to the NCAA Championship after a strong showing at Sunday’s NCAA Mid-Atlantic/South Regional Championships in Houston. Senior Jenna Remmert qualified for the fourth time in her Temple career, placing

FENCING

Three Temple fencers received bids to the NCAA Championship after a strong showing at Sunday’s NCAA Mid-Atlantic/South Regional Championships in Houston.
Senior Jenna Remmert qualified for the fourth time in her Temple career, placing 16th in individual Foil competition. Sophomore Brianna Ferrara placed 18th in Foil, receiving an automatic NCAA berth.
Freshman Nina Gernes finished 23d in Epee, but did not get an automatic bid. She received one of just two at-large spots.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

The Owls won two of their three weekend matches, dropping Saturday’s match to Duquesne, but sweeping Sunday’s doubleheader against Saint Peter’s and Providence. The Owls (9-7) will play George Washington on Friday.

MEN’S GYMNASTICS

The 13th-ranked Owls dropped their road meet to No. 15 Navy, 206.25-203.15.
The Owls will head back to Annapolis, Md., this weekend to compete in the ECAC/EIGL Men’s Gymnastics Championships.

WOMEN’S GYMNASTICS

The women’s gymnastics finished off the regular season on Saturday at a tri-meet in Morgantown, W. Va., losing to both West Virginia and Rutgers.
The Owls placed third overall with a score of 186.175. The Scarlet Knights finished second and the host Mountaineers took first place.
The Owls finish their season with a 5-19 record.