Sports Rewind

WOMEN’S TENNIS The Owls suffered a 6-1 loss against Atlantic Ten Conference rival Massachusetts over the weekend, falling to a 10-9 record on the season. Junior Yuri Kurashima earned the team’s only singles victory, winning

WOMEN’S TENNIS

The Owls suffered a 6-1 loss against Atlantic Ten Conference rival Massachusetts over the weekend, falling to a 10-9 record on the season. Junior Yuri Kurashima earned the team’s only singles victory, winning her singles match in straight sets. Kurashima also posted her team-best 17th singles win against nine losses, while her record in the team’s No. 1 singles slot is 9-3.

Also, freshman Felicia Frazier and junior Barbara Oria Boer won No. 2 doubles, 8-2. Temple returns to the court April 12 at Old Dominion.

GOLF

The golf team placed last in the 22-team field at the Drew Upton Towson Classic last weekend. The Owls had just two golfers finish in the top 100 – senior James Boose placed 54th with a score of 150 and freshman Pat Rugg finished in 85th place with a 154.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

Amid preparations for a possible pro basketball career, senior point guard Mardy Collins became a new father late last month. His fiancee gave birth to their first son, Madden, on March 20.

Mock draft boards have Collins going early in the first round of the NBA Draft, which will be held June 28.

“It’s pretty exciting,” Collins told the Centre (Pa.) Daily Times last week. “There’s a lot of new changes in my life right now.”