Sports Rewind

WOMEN’S CREW The women’s Varsity crew boats took both races at a four-team regatta hosted by Bucknell over the weekend. Temple won the Varsity 8 and Novice 8 races. Varsity 8 defeated Delaware in the

WOMEN’S CREW

The women’s Varsity crew boats took both races at a four-team regatta hosted by Bucknell over the weekend.
Temple won the Varsity 8 and Novice 8 races. Varsity 8 defeated Delaware in the Grand Final while the Novice 8 beat second-place finisher George Mason by 16 seconds.
The regatta was the Owls final tune-up before next weekend’s Atlantic Ten Conference Championship, which will be held in Pennsauken, N.J.

WOMEN’S GYMNASTICS

The women’s gymnastics team placed seventh at last weekend’s United States Gymnastics Collegiate Nationals.
Several Owls, including juniors Noelle Moore and Sarah Liebowitz finished the season with USAG All-American honors.
Moore, who finished fourth in floor exercise and seventh on beam, qualified for a spot in the USAG finals. Liebowitz placed fourth in all-around, and sophomore Desiree Meredith earned Second-Team All-USAG honors.
The team finished its season with a 5-19 record.

LACROSSE

Mandee Moore-O’Leary, a three-time first-team all-American at Temple, was among 12 players and one coach selected to the NCAA’s 25th Anniversary Women’s Lacrosse Team last weekend.
Moore-O’Leary twice was named National Midfielder of the Year (1987-88), and a member of the 1988 All-National Championship team,
The team was picked by a panel of experts, including former and present coaches, athletic administrators and sports information directors.
Moore-O’Leary was named to the United States Lacrosse Hall of Fame in last fall, and was inducted into the Temple Athletics Hall of Fame in 2004.