Sports Rewind

WOMEN’S TENNIS The eighth-seeded Owls beat seventh-seeded Saint Louis, 4-2, on Sunday to earn fifth place at the Atlantic Ten Conference Championship. The Owls finished the season with a 13-12 record, their first winning season

WOMEN’S TENNIS

The eighth-seeded Owls beat seventh-seeded Saint Louis, 4-2, on Sunday to earn fifth place at the Atlantic Ten Conference Championship.

The Owls finished the season with a 13-12 record, their first winning season since 1990.

Senior Ana Maslesa, who missed most of the season with a broken arm, finished her career on the team with 61 single wins in four years.

Junior Yuri Kurashima won her 20th singles match at the tournament.

Freshman Felicia Frazier and sophomore Barbara Oria Boer won their fifth and sixth singles matches, respectively, to lead Temple to victory.

GOLF

The Owls finished behind host Delaware at the Scotty Duncan Memorial held in Middletown, Del., on Sunday. The Owls shot a 15-over, 299 to clinch second place.

Junior captain James Boose tied for third on the course with a score of 73. In his third-ever collegiate event, freshman Justin Masters posted a 75 on Sunday. Sophomore Kevin Busteed and freshman Adam Pifer tied for 21st on the day, each tallying a 76.

The Owls finish their season at the A-10 Championship, which will be held May 5-7 at the Orange County National Golf Club in Winter Garden, Fla.

CREW

Men’s crew faced nationally ranked Georgetown on Saturday, and won just one of five events on the Potomac River in Washington, D.C.

The Owls’ second Varsity 8 boat beat Georgetown by 17 seconds, but the Owls’ first Varsity 8 boat trailed the Hoyas by five seconds.

The women’s Varsity 8 boat placed second at the A-10 Women’s Rowing Championship last Saturday on the Cooper River in Pennsauken, N.J. The Owls finished behind George Washington and two seconds ahead of Dayton.

The Owls placed fifth in the quad, and sixth in the Novice 8A. The team finished seventh overall at the invitational.

Men’s and women’s crew will compete next on April 29 at the City Championships on the Schuylkill River.

LACROSSE

With Sunday’s 11-10 win over Massachusetts, the Owls are now tied for second place with Saint Bonaventure in the A-10 standings.

Senior Corey Leader scored five goals and junior Casey Cech had three of her own to give the Owls their fourth A-10 victory of the season. The team is now 8-6 overall and 4-1 in A-10 play.

The Owls were up, 4-0, behind Leader’s two goals in an eight-minute span.

Later in the first half, the Minutewomen (5-10, 2-3 A-10) scored four goals. By the end of the half, UMass had cut the Owls’ lead to one.

With 12 minutes remaining, UMass scored to tie the game at 10. Cech scored the game-winner with four minutes left.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

Former point guard Cynthia Jordan, a 2005 Temple graduate, signed a free-agent contract with the WNBA’s Houston franchise. Jordan, the Owls’ all-time leader in assists and three-point field goal percentage, will join Owls coach Dawn Staley on the Comets’ roster, if Jordan makes the team’s final cut.