Sports Rewind

MEN’S SOCCER Men’s soccer coach David MacWilliams will be inducted into the Baltimore Blast Hall of Fame Saturday. MacWilliams played for the Blast, of the Major Indoor Soccer League, during their 1983-84 championship season. He

MEN’S SOCCER

Men’s soccer coach David MacWilliams will be inducted into the Baltimore Blast Hall of Fame Saturday. MacWilliams played for the Blast, of the Major Indoor Soccer League, during their 1983-84 championship season. He was later named to the team’s 1980-1990 All-Decade Team.

In his six seasons at Temple, MacWilliams has posted 46 wins. In 2003, he led the Owls to a school record 13-win season. That same year and in 2004, the Owls reached the Atlantic Ten Conference Championship match.

MacWilliams was previously inducted into Philadelphia University’s Athletic Hall of Fame, in 1985.

WOMEN’S GYMNASTICS

The women’s gymnastics team placed last out of six teams at the George Washington Invitational on Jan. 12, finishing with a score of 181.250. North Carolina, which finished atop the field with a score of 192.475, won each of the meet’s four events.

Freshman Natasha Crawford was the Owls’ best finisher. She placed third in all-around with a score of 37.650.

The team had the fourth-best score of the beam with a score of 46.925. The Owls next hit the mat against Rutgers on Jan 25. Their next home meet is on Jan. 28, when the Owls host Ursinus.

TRACK AND FIELD

Freshman Bryce Buffaloe set a school record in shotput for the men’s track team at the NYC Gotham Cup. He placed fourth in the event with a school record-distance of 52 feet. The previous mark was set in 1998.

Senior Steven Johnson placed seventh in long jump and 18th in the 60 meter dash.

Junior Tynisha Gardner placed fourth in the 400 to lead the women’s team at the NYC Gotham Cup. Her time of 57.13 seconds qualified her for the Eastern College Athletic Conference Championships, to be held in Boston on March 4 and 5.

Gardner, along with sophomores Shanice DePass and Cheryl Anscombe and freshman Devon DuPont, finished in third place in the 4×400.

The men’s team finished last in a 16-team field, while the women’s team placed 12th out of 19 teams.