Angelos named deputy director of athletics

Angelos brings with him more than 20 years of experience in collegiate athletic administration.

The athletic department has named Craig Angelos as the new deputy director of athletics.

Angelos, who most recently served as the senior associate athletic director for revenue enhancement at Florida International University, has more than 20 years of experience in collegiate athletic administration.

“Craig Angelos brings a wealth of experience to the role of Temple University’s Deputy Director of Athletics,” athletic director Pat Kraft said in a university-released statement. “Craig has served in a leadership role at five Division I universities, and has a proven track record of success. As a former college baseball player at [Brigham Young University], he clearly understands the student-athlete experience, and as a veteran administrator he has the knowledge needed to continue the forward momentum of Temple Athletics.”

The BYU graduate has held several different positions in the athletic departments of different schools around the country. Prior to his time at FIU, Angelos was the executive senior associate athletic director at South Florida.

From 2003 to 2012 Angelos served as the athletic director for Florida Atlantic University. During Angelos’ time at FAU, the construction of a 30,000 seat, on-campus football stadium took place.

“I am very happy to have the opportunity to join the Temple team and to work for Pat,” Angelos said in a university-released statement. “It is a really exciting time to be an Owl. There are great things happening here, with the competitive success of the teams, to the new facilities, to the quality of the people. I am really looking forward to working hard with Pat and his exceptional staff to take the Temple brand to even greater heights.

Other positions Angelos has held include deputy director and chief operating officer at Indiana University and senior associate athletic director at the University of Miami (Fla.).