McElroy in as Executive Senior Associate AD and Senior Woman Administrator

McElroy fills the positions vacated by Kristen Foley, who left Temple to become an assistant basketball coach at Lafayette.

The university announced Tuesday that Mary McElroy has been named the new Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator.

“It gives me great pleasure to welcome Mary McElroy to our Temple Athletics senior staff,” Athletic Director Patrick Kraft said in a university-issued statement. “Mary brings with her a wealth of experience in various areas of administration, while serving on the senior staff of multiple Division I schools. She will be a valuable asset and I look forward to working with her on our Temple Athletics team.”

McElroy replaces Kristen Foley, who is now an assistant coach for the Lafayette College women’s basketball team.

Foley is being sued — alongside the university and former track & field coach Eric Mobley — by former athlete, Ebony Moore, for $10 million in damages on charges of harassment, sexual harassment and gender-based discrimination.

Before coming to Temple, McElroy served as the Director for Partner Services for the Collegiate Licensing Company in Atlanta, Georgia.

Throughout her career McElroy has worked on the staff of five different NCAA schools, most recently as the Assistant Director of Student Services for the Georgia Institute of Technology Athletic Association.

“I’m very excited about this opportunity,” McElroy said in a university-issued statement. “With all that Kevin [Clark], Pat, and the rest of the staff has done in the past two years, it’s a great time to be at Temple. I’m looking forward to working with this staff to do great things for Temple Athletics.”

In 2013 McElroy was the Associate Director of the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship, where she managed the $6 million budget for the event and directed the game day operations during the Women’s Final Four.

McElroy served as the Senior Associate Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator at Southern Methodist in 2009. From 2005 to 2008, she performed the duties of the Director of Athletics at Georgia State University.

Michael Guise can be reached at michael.guise@temple.edu or on Twitter @Michael_Guise