Temple Housing Decision

When I went to Temple (BSN, 1973, CAHP) as a commuter, I felt part of a huge and uncaring, bloated whale of an institution. I had no identity, other than my student number and, if

When I went to Temple (BSN, 1973, CAHP) as a commuter, I felt part of a huge and uncaring, bloated whale of an institution. I had no identity, other than my student number and, if I were unlucky enough to have need of individual support, I knew I was on my own to find it (if it existed, at all). I did very well and, over the years, have realized that I received a quality education, though entirely lacking in the “heart” that other universities afford their students.
Almost thirty years later, when my daughter was searching for a college program that provided an experience in a major metropolitan area, but also had the potential to view her as the bright, talented individual that she is, I steered her away from Temple. But the price was right and the Honors Program promised an environment that could nuture and challenge her, so she chose Temple. I kept watch, with considerable skepticism.
Sadly, I see that nothing has changed. Policies related to her favorite professors, graduates of Temple, and the newest assault on user friendliness, the elimination of housing for the students in her class are no surprise to me.
So when my friends whose children are looking at colleges, I continue to advise them to look for a program that cares about its students and staff…..certainly NOT Temple.