Temple in brief

Memorial service to be held for esteemed faculty member In honor of long time associate professor and former acting dean of the school of communications, a memorial service will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 30

Memorial service to be held for esteemed faculty member
In honor of long time associate professor and former acting dean of the school of communications, a memorial service will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 3 p.m. in Shusterman Hall. Robert M. Greenberg was a respected member of the American Studies program and had been a part of the Temple community since 1976.

Greek tragedies performed at Liacouras Center
The Aquila Theatre Company of London will be performing a production of Homer’s Iliad, The Wrath of Achilles, on Thursday, Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m. at the Liacouras Center. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster and are $22 for the general public, $16 for non-Temple students, $13 for school groups, and $8 for Temple students with I.D.

Ambler names new director of Center for Sustainable Communities
Former deputy executive director of the Delaware River Basin Commission, Richard Featherstone was appointed to head Ambler’s CSC. Featherstone has also taken an associate professor position and is the first faculty member to be hired for the recently approved community and regional planning degree program. The CSC was designed to promote the development of sustainable communities through effective land use planning, ecological restoration and revitalization initiatives.

New Provost named for faculty
Dr. Linda Mauro, social work professor and faculty member since 1979, was recently named Vice Provost for Faculty. In the past, Mauro has served as coordinator of the B.S.W. program, and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. She currently serves on the Child and Family Services Review Management Team for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.