Temple in brief

A new course in appraising offered at Ambler Beginning Thursday, Nov. 1, Temple Ambler will be offering a course in collecting and appraising art and antiques. The class will be held on three consecutive Thursdays,

A new course in appraising offered at Ambler
Beginning Thursday, Nov. 1, Temple Ambler will be offering a course in collecting and appraising art and antiques. The class will be held on three consecutive Thursdays, ending Nov. 15. The program will culminate in a field trip to the art and antiques galleries in Lambertville, N.J., on Saturday, Nov. 17. For more information or to register, call 215-283-1304.

Wilderness safety classes at Ambler available
Every Monday from 7:30-9:30 p.m., Nov. 5-26, Ambler will be holding a course in wilderness safety and survival. It is a non-credit course and will teach students important skills that could help them in a survival situation. The course will cover how to construct emergency shelter, build a fire, and navigate by using the sun and stars. For more information or to register, call 215-283-1304.

Scary fun at the Haunted Hayride
The Temple Ambler Landscape Architecture and Horticulture Student Association is sponsoring a hayride through the woodlands around Ambler on Friday, Oct. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 27 from 7-11 p.m. in the Residential Lot. The event also includes face painting, and Halloween arts and crafts by the Non-traditional Student Union. Tickets are $8 for the general public, $5 for children under 12, and $5 with Temple ID. Rain dates for the event are Nov. 2 and 3. For more information, call 215-283-1292.

Discuss the salaries of professional sports players
Join Chuck Allen, Temple Ambler’s coordinator of Student Activities, in a discussion about the astronomical figures today’s sports stars are making and how fans may have helped contribute to the escalation of the figures. The program takes place on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 12:30 p.m. in Bright Hall and is part of the Food for Thought Lecture and Activity Series. For more information, call 215-283-1290.