Temple in brief

The American Chemical Society scholarships for minorities The American Chemical Society has announced the deadline for its 2002 Scholars Program. The program is open to full-time African-American, Hispanic and Native American students in Chemistry, Biochemistry

The American Chemical Society scholarships for minorities
The American Chemical Society has announced the deadline for its 2002 Scholars Program. The program is open to full-time African-American, Hispanic and Native American students in Chemistry, Biochemistry and other related fields. Students must also be citizens or permanent residents of the United States and demonstrate financial need. Deadline for applications is March 1, 2002. For more information visit www.acs.org/scholars or call 800-227-5558.

Celebrate Thanksgiving with Ambler
The Temple Ambler Student Government will sponsor a special Thanksgiving celebration on Saturday, Nov. 17 for the children of St. Mary’s Villa. In addition to providing dinner to about 40 children, arts and crafts will be offered. For more information, call the Student Government Office at 215-283-1283.

Celebrating area communities
The Office of Student Activities is inviting students to explore African-American, Native American and Latin American cultures in the Delaware Valley. As part of Native American Heritage Month, students will visit the Nanticoke Tidewater People in Millsboro, Del. The tour includes a play performed in the African-American community at the Sally’s Salt Peanuts Café. The tour concludes in the heart of North Philadelphia with an event celebrating the “Roots of Puerto Rican Music.” The outings are free. Events are on different days. For more information, call 215-204-7131.