Temple in brief

Scholarship fund to benefit gay men The Lax Scholarship Fund will be awarding $5,000-$20,000 to openly gay men attending accredited colleges, graduate or professional schools. Scholarships will be given on the basis of academic and

Scholarship fund to benefit gay men
The Lax Scholarship Fund will be awarding $5,000-$20,000 to openly gay men attending accredited colleges, graduate or professional schools. Scholarships will be given on the basis of academic and personal achievement, community involvement, and financial need. The deadline for completed applications is Jan. 15, 2002 at 5 p.m. For more information contact Salih Watts at the Bread and Roses Community Fund by calling 215-731-1107.

Craft show to benefit disaster relief
Students at the Tyler School of Art will be holding a holiday crafts show that will include a fundraiser benefiting the victims of Sept. 11. Hours for the show are 4-9 p.m. Friday on Dec. 7, 9 a.m.-3p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 8 and Sunday, Dec.9. Admission is free and parking is available. For more information, call 215-782-ARTS.

New scholarship fund for students affected by attacks
Students who were personally impacted by the terrorist attacks are eligible to receive financial aid. The Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund benefits dependants of the victims, including the airplane crew and passengers. For more information, call 1-877-862-0136.

Temple collects food for the needy
Last year Temple provided over 100 dinners to less fortunate families through hope boxes located in every building. This year, the University is looking for the same contributions for their “Feed the Hungry” campaign. Donations are being accepted during the first three weeks of December and can be dropped in collection stations. Monetary contributions can be made directly to the contact person, whose name appears on the boxes. For more information, contact Victor Vazquez at 215-204-6550.