Temple in brief

Temple offices extend hours In an apparent effort to relieve stress on students, the University implemented minimum daily office hours and many offices on campus changed their hours to meet the requirements set up last

Temple offices extend hours

In an apparent effort to relieve stress on students, the University implemented minimum daily office hours and many offices on campus changed their hours to meet the requirements set up last semester.

The requirement calls for operating hours to extend from at least 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.

Many of the offices opted for longer hours, opening before 8:30 a.m. and remaining so until after 5 p.m.

A number of offices implementing these new hours should be very helpful to students. Some of the most used include:

• University Housing
  • Recreation Services
  • Student Activities
  • Dean’s Offices across all schools
  • Academic Advising across all schools (until 5 p.m.)
  • Telecommunications
  • Student Financial Services
  • Copy Centers
  • Cash Operations
    For a full list of offices go to:
    www.temple.edu/news/November/officehours.html.

School privatization receives TU support

President David Adamany recently announced Temple’s support for school privatization in the Philadelphia area. The University submitted a letter to the School Reform Commission expressing interest in managing a few public schools surrounding Main Campus.

The letter stated that Temple would continue with its interest after receiving support of neighboring parents, principals and community groups.

“If our surrounding schools and community leaders want Temple to assume a leadership role, we are prepared to work closely with them. But we will only do this with their support,” Adamany wrote in the letter.

The Commission requires Temple to submit qualifications by Feb. 8. Currently, the University collaborates with the Philadelphia School District on over 235 different programs and initiatives. Temple sells its College of Education as a national leader in urban teacher education and research, having more than 80 full-time employees and nearly 4,300 undergraduate, graduate and non-matriculated students.

• Be the first to comment