Temple in brief

Vote Smart this election The University Libraries are partnering with Project Vote Smart in an effort to provide the Temple Community with factual information about political candidates and elected officials. The 2002 Voter’s Self Defense

Vote Smart this election

The University Libraries are partnering with Project Vote Smart in an effort to provide the Temple Community with factual information about political candidates and elected officials.

The 2002 Voter’s Self Defense Manual is available at Paley Library or any of its branches, and at www.vote-smart.org.

The manual and the web site provide biographical and contact information, campaign contributions, key votes, issue positions, and interest group ratings for elected officials and candidates.

Initiated in 1996 with 50 libraries, Project Vote Smart now works with thousands of libraries throughout the country to increase voter education and participation.

With a grant from the Pew Charitable Trusts, Project Vote Smart is starting a new initiative to reach out to young voters on college campuses.

Alumni community launched

Temple University and the General Alumni Association (GAA) have launched the Online Alumni Community, bringing alumni from around the world together in a virtual class reunion.

The Online Community provides each alumni with an @alumni.temple.edu email address, enhances some of Temple’s existing alumni resources, expands the class notes currently featured in the alumni magazine, Temple Review.

It also offers career-networking services to help alumni search for jobs in their chosen fields or find qualified personnel to fill open positions in their companies.