Temple in brief

April 4-5 Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo, 10 a.m. and 7:30 p.m , April 4; 1:30 and 7:30 p.m., April 5, Liacouras Center. Featuring calf roping and bull riding by the nation’s only touring African-American rodeo.

April 4-5

Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo, 10 a.m. and 7:30 p.m , April 4; 1:30 and 7:30 p.m., April 5, Liacouras Center.

Featuring calf roping and bull riding by the nation’s only touring African-American rodeo. Tickets are $10-$15.

The Bacchae, 8 p.m., April 4; 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., April 5, Tomlinson Theater.

Temple University Theaters presents the classic Greek by Euripides.

General admission tickets are $15, $12 for seniors and children.

Temple students admitted free with ID card; Temple employees can purchase two tickets for price of one.

April 7-8

Temple celebrates the music of Stefan Wollpe, 4:30 p.m . and 7:30 p.m., Rock Hall.

Featuring music by Stefan Wolpe and other composers condemned by the Third Reich.

Rock Hall.

Free admission.

This week’s teach-in

A weekly teach-in to discuss current political issues is held every Friday by Professor Ralph Young and students in his Dissent in America class.

This week’s Teach-In features Temple University student activist Evan Hoffman, who has been organizing and attending anti-war demonstrations since last September.

He will be reporting on the demonstrations that he has participated in, including several in Philadelphia, Washington and New York.

At the end of the presentation participants will discuss what makes demonstrations and protest marches effective.

April 4, 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Gladfelter Hall, room 914.