Temple in brief

Fox School of Business Sponsors Business Plan Competition Submissions for the third and final phase in the Fox School of Business’s sixth annual Business Innovation Plan Competition are due April 20. All students, alumni and

Fox School of Business Sponsors Business Plan Competition

Submissions for the third and final phase in the Fox School of Business’s sixth annual Business Innovation Plan Competition are due April 20.
All students, alumni and employees of Temple are permitted to develop and submit a business proposal for the competition. Teams can also include participants from outside of Temple. The team participants from Temple must coordinate at least 75 percent of the team’s representation during the judging.
Preliminary judges will choose six finalists who will be given the opportunity to present their ideas two more times during the award ceremony May 4. Judges will consist of business leaders in the Philadelphia area and will judge the ideas on their innovation, feasibility, return for investor and overall uniqueness.
This year’s first-place winner will be awarded $6,000 and a trip for two from STA Travel to Mexico. The remaining five runner-ups will be awarded at least $250. The top three winners will also be given the opportunity to travel to Wilmington, Del., to represent Temple in the Early Stage East business venture fair May 10.
Rules and guidelines for this year’s competition can be found at www.fox.temple.edu/iei.

5k Run and One Mile Walk

Campus Safety Services will host its 7th annual Five Mile Run and One Mile Walk on April 13 starting at 13th and Berks streets. The event starts at 11:45 a.m. with the walk taking off at noon and the run beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Each participant will receive a free T-shirt and will have the opportunity for giveaways and trophies. For more information, contact Lt. Bradley at (215) 204-2182.

Friday Teach-In

Every Friday from 3:40 p.m. to 5 p.m. Professor Ralph Young and the students in his Dissent in America class hold a weekly teach-in in Gladfelter 914 to discuss the historical background to current political issues.
The April 9 teach-in features Professor Jay Lockenour, who will be presenting and leading a discussion on “Conformity and Resistance in Hitler’s Germany.”