Temple in brief

Temple Book Club The Temple Book Club will host a discussion Thurs., April 29 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Paley Library lecture hall with author L.A. Banks. Banks is the author of “Minion”

Temple Book Club

The Temple Book Club will host a discussion Thurs., April 29 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Paley Library lecture hall with author L.A. Banks. Banks is the author of “Minion” and “The Awakening.” For more information, call (215) 204-6639.

Business Plan Awards Ceremony

The Innovation & Entrepreneurship Institute’s 6th Annual Business Plan Competition and Awards Ceremony will be held May 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Speakman Hall.
Pre-registration is required. Call (215) 204-3082 or visit https://www.sbm.temple.edu/IEI/. The keynote address will be delivered by Paul Holloway, the chairman for Holloway Automotive Group.

Boyer College of Music Events

The Temple University Percussion Ensemble will perform April 30 at 7:30 p.m. at Tomlinson Theater. This event is free and will be directed by Glenn Steele.
The B.F.A. Senior Dance Concert will be April 30 and May 1 at 8 p.m. at the Conwell Dance Theater. Tickets are $10 for general admission, $8 for senior citizens and free for students with a GAF card. Call (215) 204-1122 for more information.
On May 2, the Temple University Collegiate Band will perform at 3 p.m. at Tomlinson Theater and Temple University Choirs will perform at 7:30 p.m. at Rock Hall. Both events are free.
For more information on these events, call (215) 204-8307.

Friday Teach-In

Every Friday from 3:40 p.m. to 5 p.m. Professor Ralph Young and the students in his Dissent in America class hold a weekly teach-in in Gladfelter 914 to discuss the historical background to current political issues.
The final teach-in of the semester on April 30 will feature Dr. Gudrun Boch on “Old Europe and America: New Aspects of an Old Debate.”