TEMPLE IN BRIEF

Football Tickets on SaleIn order to provide the Board of Trustees with some ammunition in their ongoing conversations with the Big East, it would be helpful to see concrete evidence of a growing season ticket

Football Tickets on Sale
In order to provide the Board of Trustees with some ammunition in their ongoing conversations with the Big East, it would be helpful to see concrete evidence of a growing season ticket base. If you want to get season tickets, do it now. Call the ticket office at 215-204-8499 and reserve tickets. Premium seating is $60/seat ($30 for faculty/staff) and reserved seating is $30/seat ($15 for faculty/staff).

Florida State Supreme Court Justice speaks at Ambler
On Thursday, March 15, at 7:30 p.m., Peggy A. Quince will give a special lecture in Bright Hall Lounge, Ambler Campus. Quince was one of the seven members of the Supreme Court of Florida, which played a pivotal role in ultimately deciding the outcome of the election of 2000. Quince will speak about “The Independence of the Courts.” The lecture is free and open to the public. Call 215-283-1424 for more information or seat availability.

Psychologist speaks on Non-Verbal Communication
Psychologist Robert Rosenthal will present a talk titled “Covert Communication in Classrooms, Clinics, Corporations and Courtrooms” on Thursday, March 29, at 1:30 p.m. in Kiva Auditorium (Ritter Hall Annex). Rosenthal is a distinguished professor of psychology at the University of California, Riverside, and the Edger Pierce Professor at Harvard University. He is also the co-author of 30 books and of 400 journal articles.

Town Hall Meeting
Temple Student Government’s Committee of Recruitment and Retention will be holding the first of a two-part town hall meeting on March 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in Mitten Hall’s Diamond Club basement. The purpose of this program is to have students voice their opinions about Temple University as a whole. TSG will address the complaints and students will have the opportunity to give solutions to some of their problems. The meeting is open to all students, faculty and administration. For more information you can call 215-204-2060.

Adamany names new Chief of Staff
This week, Temple President Adamany named Gregory S. Rost as the new Chief of Staff, Executive Office of the President for Temple. Rost will start in his new position immediately.

“I am delighted to be working more closely with President Adamany to implement his vision for Temple’s future,” said Rost.

Rost, who served as Chief of Staff for former Mayor Ed Rendell, started at Temple in February 2000 as a key administrator.

“His experience as Chief of Staff to the former Mayor of Philadelphia has prepared him well to assume a broad range of leadership responsibilities here at Temple and I am pleased that Greg has accepted this challenge,” Adamany said.

Rost received his MGA from the University of Pennsylvania.