TEMPLE IN BRIEF

TEMPLE SPONSORS INTERCOLLEGIATE DANCE“Dance Your Queer Ass Off,” an event sponsored by both Temple University’s LAMBDA Alliance and University of Pennsylvania’s Queer Student Alliance will be held this Friday, March 23. The dance features music

TEMPLE SPONSORS INTERCOLLEGIATE DANCE
“Dance Your Queer Ass Off,” an event sponsored by both Temple University’s LAMBDA Alliance and University of Pennsylvania’s Queer Student Alliance will be held this Friday, March 23. The dance features music by Zodiac DJs and will be held in Houston Hall on Penn’s campus. Event is $4 with ANY student ID and $5 without. The dance is open to all students and will be from 9:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. Hall of Flags, Houston Hall is located at 3417 Spruce St.

TEMPLE WORKS TOGETHER WITH NORRIS HOMES
Temple and Norris Homes celebrated a new children’s library last Monday. Adult residents and school-aged children will now have access to 10 Gateway computers and more than 200 new books. The new library is a result of an “adoption” agreement in 1995 between Temple, the Philadelphia Housing Authority, and the Norris Homes Tenant Council.

PHILADELHIA PREMIERE OF “CHESS” AT TEMPLE
This Thursday, March 22, will be the premiere of “Chess” at Temple’s Randall Theatre. Set during the end of the cold war, this fictional musical centers around a world championship between an American and a Soviet. “Chess” runs through Saturday, March 31. Evening performances following opening night are at 8:00 p.m. and Saturday matinees, on March 24 and 31, are at 2:00 p.m.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY OPERA THEATER
Philadelphia premiere of the Scottish Opera version of Leonard Bernstein’s Candide is Friday, March 23, at 7:30 p.m. The event is at Temple’s Tomlinson Theatre. Tickets are $15 for adults, $7.50 for students and senior citizens, and may be obtained by calling the Temple Arts box office at 215-204-1122.

NETWORKING PARTY FOR COMMUNICATIONS MAJORS
The Temple Association of Black Journalists will hold its second annual Networking Party on Wednesday March 28, 2001 at Kiva Auditorium in Ritter Hall 5:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. Professionals from many aspects of communications will be there to answer questions. All students are welcome to attend.