Temple tips

Are you that test taker? You know, the annoying test taker, who does not know when to stop studying. I had a test this morning and I studied all night long. I really knew my

Are you that test taker? You know, the annoying test taker, who does not know when to stop studying. I had a test this morning and I studied all night long. I really knew my stuff. But when I go into class, the first thing I hear is that test taker.

I know there is one in every class, perhaps it’s you. The person who studies, but feels the need to quiz you before the test, or it could be the person who does not study at all. These two types of people are the annoying test takers.

They go after people and bombard them with questions. “Did you study this term? Do you know what this means?” Or the best question: “Do you know what’s going to be on the test?”

How am I supposed to know what is going to be on the test? Did I take it yet? Am I all of the sudden the professor? No, I don’t know what is going to be on the test!

The worst part of it all is that test takers make me even more nervous for the test. He or she always asks if I know what a certain word means, and it makes me start questioning what I know. Did I study that word? Did we go over that word in class? Is that an important word to know? I get myself all freaked out and start frantically looking through my notes to find this one single word, before the professor enters the room.

Only after finding the word and its definition and forgetting everything else I studied, I realize that the word is not even on the test. But I should have known that, because apparently the annoying test taker thinks I should know what is going to be on the test.

Just be on the look out, you can always spot these test takers when walking into a room. First of all, they are there an hour early to either study for the first time or to get in one last bit of studying for the test. I really think they take this hour and prepare a series of questions for unsuspecting people like me. Questions to confuse and boggle my mind so that I forget everything that is important.

So please, if you are an annoying test taker, just keep your questions to yourself. If you are not an annoying test taker, watch out for them, they could cost you your sanity and a good grade.

Julie Crist can be reached at Copshoo98@yahoo.com