Temple Tweets

I am hesitant to say that this is even old news because it wasn’t really ever news in the first place. Last week, Hall and Oates played at Temple – but they played separately. Oates got

I am hesitant to say that this is even old news because it wasn’t really ever news in the first place. Last week, Hall and Oates played at Temple – but they played separately. Oates got stuck with Mitten Hall and somehow Hall got Liacouras Center. I think someone is holding Oates’ mustache against him. Does he even still have a mustache? I wouldn’t know because he doesn’t have a verified Twitter account with a more recent photo. Well, ‘stache or no ‘stache, what is important here is that since Hall nor Oates has a verified Twitter account, I will never know why they didn’t perform together.

Was Oates sick of kissing Hall’s moustache mouth? Were they even dating? I don’t know, I just assumed. I am going to just go with that they were dating and that they broke up because of this Temple debacle. There was probably some sort of requirement to wear an owl T-shirt or at least a “cherry” flannel to play at the Liacouras Center. Since everyone already thinks Oates is a freak with that ‘stache, he didn’t care where the hell he played. And apparently no one else cares, considering I did my research, and the only people tweeting about it are Temple organizations.

@Owlscoop_com: Darryl Hall at the Liacouras Center. Talking about Temple memories. Dropped Mitten Hall and Uptown Theater references!
Look at the little Owl Scoopie getting the hot gossip. So what’s the deal? Hall is talking about Mitten Hall with no reference to Oates? Burn. Also, was Daryl’s concert called “Live from Daryl’s House” because Hall and Oates don’t live together anymore? Let me know. P.S. did you just spell Daryl’s name wrong, or did he adapt the extra “r” in an attempt to hide from Oates? Again, let me know.

@jumpphilly: Daryl Hall? Great show but no Maneater. Boo!
I think they broke up pretty recently, so maybe it was too emotional to publicly call Oates a “maneater” just yet.

@TempleUpdate: Coming up LIVE at 10 on @templetv students hold vigil for Japan, Philadelphians walk for hunger, and John Oates returns to TU after 40 years.
Oh snap, maybe they broke up longer ago than I thought. If Oates hasn’t come back in 40 years, it is obviously because Hall is the “maneater” in this situation.

Samantha Krotzer can be reached at samantha.krotzer@temple.edu.

1. Hey Sam! H&O are NOT broken up! Just Google for their tour schedule and you’ll see they are alive and kicking! They just got back from Japan, etc. etc.. I could go on for days. I don’t know why they performed separately other than the fact that John is touring for his own album and schedules could have conflicted. It seemed that Temple wanted them for two different reasons.. but in any case, the Live From Daryl’s House was a live LFDH with Fitz and the Tantrums that aired on episode 35 (check out livefromdarylshouse.com for the episode). And btw, John will never get a Twitter account.. he’s stated that publicly 🙂