The EyeBud and toilet fish?

The Fish n’ Flush Aquarium One would presume that fish have the same fear of the toilet as humans have of the graveyard. Nonetheless, AquaOne Technologies has thrown fishy fears to the wayside with their

The Fish n’ Flush Aquarium

One would presume that fish have the same fear of the toilet as humans have of the graveyard. Nonetheless, AquaOne Technologies has thrown fishy fears to the wayside with their Fish n’ Flush Aquarium. The Fish n’ Flush Aquarium mounts a working
aquarium to the back of your toilet seat to give your bathroom that soothing, ocean feel you always wanted. It even comes with a LED light system and promises to turn your bathroom into the “center of attention.”

The aquarium comes with a kit to ensure your toilet will still flush properly while housing your fish, just be sure to read directions carefully, lest you send your pets to an ironic, yet tragic, death. The Fish n’ Flush is available for $450 at www.fishnflush.com.

The EyeBud

If you have ever tried to watch a full-length movie on a video iPod you have undoubtedly been frustrated with its paltry screen size. eMargin Corp., a video display company, has developed a wearable screen to enhance the viewing experience of everyone’s favorite mp3 player. The screen is attached to a headband and fits over one eye. EMargin touts that their display, is the equivalent of a 105-inch screen viewed from 12 feet away. While you may look ridiculous trying to hold a conversation while there is a tiny screen jutting from your forehead, the real crime is the Eyebud’s expected $599 price tag. However, if you are willing to purchase an iPod accessory more expensive than your actual iPod, the Eyebud was announced to be released in the “first half of 2006” but has not yet appeared on the company’s online store at www.3dvisor.com

Interactive Star Wars Light Saber Game

Remember those cheap, plastic Star Wars Light Saber toys that featured a series of cascading tubes to simulate the effect of the movies? Hammacher Schlemmer has taken your child fantasy a step further by creating the Interactive Start Wars Light Saber game. The game features a spherical “training droid” that plugs into your TV and detects the movements of the included light saber, allowing you to swing and interact
with objects on the screen. Unfortunately, while the game features action with movie stalwarts as Yoda, Darth Vader, and Qui-Gon Jinn, you cannot beat up on Jar-Jar Binks or the Ewoks. The Light Saber Game is available for $59.95 at www.hammacher.com. Just be sure to close your dorm room door before playing.

Sean Blanda can be reached at sean.blanda@temple.com