The Late-Night Life-Saver for the Hungry Student: Pamuk Prince

Every college student knows what it’s like to be up late, hungry and strapped for cash. But what can such a student do in this unpleasant situation, especially if he or she is trapped on

Every college student knows what it’s like to be up late, hungry and strapped for cash.

But what can such a student do in this unpleasant situation, especially if he or she is trapped on campus without a mode of transportation?

Well, if it’s no later than 8 p.m. there’s still a chance to catch a bite at the Pamuk Prince lunch truck.

The Prince, currently located just outside the Student Center, has been saving Temple students from starvation since ’96. Open for business from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. every weekday and until 6 p.m. on Saturday, its wide selection of foods and late hours make the Prince one of the most convenient trucks on campus.

“I definitely appreciate that it’s open late,” said Senior Studio Art student Marni Gellman. “And it’s cheap.”

“These people are way more affordable than the [Student Center],” said Dennis P., a Junior Biology Chemistry major who also appreciates the truck’s later hours of business.

Avsar Gencer often works late with her Uncle Hummet Pamijk at the Prince, which is a completely family-run business. She recently came over to the States from her family’s home in Turkey to help out at the truck and go to school at Kensington High.

The other familiar faces at the Price include Pamijk’s wife Nefise, Varol Yijksel and his fiancĂ© Nevin Yijksel (who are of no relation, even though their last name is the same).

The Prince serves every student’s need for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as caffeine, nicotine and junk food.

Students can purchase everything from a garden salad to more candy than can be found at some convenience stores.