‘The Real World’ cast experiences the real Philadelphia

Episode six of The Real World pretty much began where it ended last week. Karamo was still steaming over being searched at a local bar after an anonymous tipster said someone fitting his description had

Episode six of The Real World pretty much began where it ended last week. Karamo was still steaming over being searched at a local bar after an anonymous tipster said someone fitting his description had a gun. The housemates felt Karamo was overreacting, while Karamo felt such an incident was deserving of an angry outburst. Karamo was particularly upset at MJ, who he felt didn’t have his back during the incident at the bar.

The City of Brotherly Love didn’t appear so lovely as the cast had to deal with rude remarks from Philadelphia citizens. At one point, someone walked up to MJ in a bar and threw a chair at him. MJ didn’t seem too upset over the incident, and Karamo had little sympathy for him.

Later the cast received a package containing a letter with their job assignment. The housemates were informed they would be working with arena football’s Philadelphia Soul. They participated in a game during half time, throwing t-shirts into the crowd. MJ felt like he was back in his glory days of playing football. The cast later had the opportunity to meet Jon Bon Jovi, Soul co-owner, who informed them they would be helping to build playgrounds for children.

As the cast was leaving their job with the Philadelphia Soul, Karamo managed to get lost in the rougher sections of the city. The housemates appeared a bit nervous, but Karamo seemed to relish in their uneasiness before he finally stopped to ask for directions.

The episode ended with Karamo and MJ finally bringing an end to their standstill by talking about the incident that created a rift between the two. They finally made peace with each other and Karamo even vowed to defend MJ in any future altercations by saying “if someone throws a chair at you, I’m coming for them.”

In next week’s episode, Shavonda and Landon’s flirtation goes even farther, and Sarah and MJ have an intimate encounter after a drunken night.

Patrice Williams can be reached at patricew@temple.edu.