The responsibility of adulthood

It is the moment you have been waiting for. You are an adult. After the graduation ceremony, you are ready to enter the real world. You are done with college and homework, tired of writing

It is the moment you have been waiting for. You are an adult. After the graduation ceremony, you are ready to enter the real world. You are done with college and homework, tired of writing papers and doing math problems. You are ready to take charge of your life and enter the workforce. You are ready to be an adult. Or are you?

For many students, life has been pre-planned. You have been following the standard cut-out: finishing high school and going to college, living in the dorms, doing homework and having a good time on Friday nights. But now everything is changing, and it is time to grow up.

Soon you will be faced with the harsh reality of bills, including phone bills, electricity bills, water bills and student loans. You also have to pay rent. In short, you have to earn money. All that education you received in college has to be put to good use because now you have to go out there and get a job.

Growing up is an inevitable part of life and no matter how hard you try to prolong it, you are going to have to face it sooner or later.

Technically, you have been growing up at every stage of your life, from elementary school to high school to college. Changes might have been subtle, but the outcome is the same. You just have to take things as they are handed to you and adapt to the next stage of your life.

However, growing up does not mean you have to lose the fun. Taking time to just relax and enjoy yourself is key to remaining grounded and avoiding the chaos that life often brings. The real world is going to come whether you like it or not, so it is just a matter of making the best of it.