Trustee returns after more than seven years off the Board

After more than four months of deliberation, the Board of Trustees unanimously voted Jane Scaccetti as its newest member Oct. 9. “She brings with her an enormously good financial background and a proven love for

After more than four months of deliberation, the Board of Trustees unanimously voted Jane Scaccetti as its newest member Oct. 9.

“She brings with her an enormously good financial background and a proven love for Temple University,” said Board of Trustees Chair Daniel Polett. “She is a wonderful asset, and we’re proud to have her as a trustee.”

Scaccetti, a native of South Philadelphia, has a long history of involvement with Temple. She began her freshman year more than three decades ago in 1972.

Though she was forced take a year off during her college career to earn enough money to continue her education, she succeeded and graduated in 1977 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration.

“Temple gave me the opportunities I was able to achieve,” Scaccetti said. “I’m a Temple grad, I’m an Owl!”

She also holds a Master of Taxation from the Villanova University School of Law and is a licensed certified public accountant. She taught full-time at Temple for two years and founded Drucker & Scaccetti, P.C., the accounting firm in Center City where she currently works.

Scaccetti is no stranger to the Board of Trustees. She previously served an eight year term on the Board, which ended in 2000.

“Her new role as trustee is not a new role as much as it’s an old role,” Polett said. “Her contribution as a trustee was a commitment to all aspects of governance at Temple University.”

The term Scaccetti was just elected to, however, is in no way related to her previous service on the Board.

She has been involved with Temple’s Health System Board of Directors since 1992 and is currently serving as the Chair of the Board.

“My involvement in coming back as a board member at Temple University is really the result of my involvement with the Health System,” she said. “I think I was voted on for my leadership.”

Polett also served with Scaccetti on the Health System Board of Directors.

“Her commitment to the Temple Health System was really extraordinary,” he recalled, “in both her commitment of her time and her commitment of her talent.”

Scaccetti expressed her fondness for Temple’s new “Access to Excellence” capital drive and also spoke about her vision for her new term as a member of the Board of Trustees.

“I feel passionate about creating a way for students to become great ambassadors of Temple University in the future,” she said.

“[It is] my passion and belief that the students of Temple University are our customers,” she added. “A way to help the university grow is to service our students.”

Polett expressed the Board of Trustees’ pride in Scaccetti as its newest member.

“Jane is an extraordinarily bright individual, and very dedicated,” he said, “[She has an] enormous sense of balance, and a really good comprehension of the Health System and the university.”

Morgan A. Zalot can be reached at morgan.zalot@temple.edu.