TSG 2011 election candidates announced

Two tickets announced their candidacy for the April 5-6 TSG elections. Temple Student Government’s 2011 election is underway, and this year’s tickets, Owl Future and TU Nation, will be facing off leading up to the

Two tickets announced their candidacy for the April 5-6 TSG elections.

Temple Student Government’s 2011 election is underway, and this year’s tickets, Owl Future and TU Nation, will be facing off leading up to the April 5-6 election.

Owl Future’s ticket is made up of former senator for the School of Communications and Theater Malcolm Kenyatta, who is running for student body president, Amanda Miller, who is running for vice president of external affairs, and President of the Temple College Democrats Megan Chialastri, who is running for vice president of services.

Kenyatta said he thinks many TSG members are “apathetic” about the organization and that Owl Future plans to reconnect with the student body.

“We want to reenergize, reorganize and reestablish Temple Student Government on campus,” said Kenyatta, who also ran for student body president last year.

TU Nation’s ticket consists of TSG Senate President Colin Saltry, who is running for student body president, Vice President of Temple College Democrats Elliot Griffin, who is running for vice president of external affairs, and President of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity Ugo Obilo, who is running for vice president of services.

Saltry said TU Nation will try to make TSG better at representing students, providing services for students and working with the surrounding community.

“We are going to be there for students, who ever have a problem,” Saltry said. “We are the ones who are going to be able to fix it.”

Cary Carr can be reached at cary.carr@temple.edu.