TSG addresses funding

Funding issues topped the agenda at Monday’s Temple Student Government meeting. TSG treasurer Andrea V. Ray introduced the 2002-2003 TSG budget of $166,730. Since TSG no longer has the authority to directly plan and fund

Funding issues topped the agenda at Monday’s Temple Student Government meeting.

TSG treasurer Andrea V. Ray introduced the 2002-2003 TSG budget of $166,730.

Since TSG no longer has the authority to directly plan and fund social events, the $14,000 allocated for programming will be used for academic and community service events.

$42,730 was budgeted for TSG operational costs, and $110,000 is marked for funding student organizations’ activities or programs.

TSG president Therion Baker spoke about several upcoming basketball events.

Super Round Ball Classic, a 3-on-3 basketball tournament, will take place at the Pavilion on Oct. 13th.

The tournament will begin at 2 p.m., with registration starting at 1:30 p.m.

He also detailed Hoops HYSTERIA, a free event at the Liacouras Center with practice by players from 76ers and Temple men’s and women’s basketball scrimmages on Oct. 16th from 5 p.m. to midnight.

There will be 3-on-3, dunk contests, and three-point shootouts as well.

Baker also encouraged students to participate in the Homecoming events but to “stay out of trouble.”

According to Dean of Student James Fitzsimmons, President David Adamany has agreed to a 24-hour computer lab on campus.

The new 24-hour will be in Tuttleman’s Scholars Information Center for a one-year trial.

At the end of this year, the impact of the lab will be gauged and a final decision on a 24-hour lab will be made.

Several new representatives were sworn in after being approved unanimously by the General Assembly.

The GA also approved several resolutions from last week because of the technical difficulties in the student government office on last Monday.

Saeko Komura can be reached at saekokomura@yahoo.co.jp.