TSG announces University-wide rate hike

Tuition and housing costs will increase next year, Temple Student Government President T.J. Baker announced at Monday’s meeting. The tuition increases will affect all undergraduate and graduate programs offered at Temple. The hike is being

Tuition and housing costs will increase next year, Temple Student Government President T.J. Baker announced at Monday’s meeting.

The tuition increases will affect all undergraduate and graduate programs offered at Temple. The hike is being implemented to compensate for the 4.5 percent cut in state aid offered to Temple next year.

“There will be no shortage in financial aid,” Baker said.

Financial aid money is separate from the money the state gives to the University. Baker said that he was working to insure that there would be no decrease in available financial aid funds.

Baker also addressed concerns about the availability of shuttle buses. He said that there is an increase of 800 students each year at Temple, and this puts a strain on the shuttle services. He urged students to be patient with the service. He added that there is a proposal to make transportation services a separate department. Transportation is currently run by campus safety.

Two bills were passed at the meeting. The first bill allocated $2,930 to a Ladies Night Out Pamper Party on March 22 at 7 p.m. in the Student Center room 302. The money covers services from a salon, including; manicures, pedicures and massages.

The second bill covers $88.05 for catering at the Red Cross Bone Marrow Drive on March 7 in Johnson and Hardwick from noon to 5 p.m.

New organizational delegates were confirmed and sworn in at the meeting. The body also passed several allocations bills for organizations.