TSG begins spring term

Temple Student Government officially began their spring term on Feb. 11 when they convened to discuss everything from safer campus driving to upgraded computer labs. In response to student concerns over unsafe campus drivers, TSG

Temple Student Government officially began their spring term on Feb. 11 when they convened to discuss everything from safer campus driving to upgraded computer labs.

In response to student concerns over unsafe campus drivers, TSG president T.J. Baker said that the administration had agreed to construct speed bumps along 13th Street between Montgomery and Norris streets.

Baker also talked about a proposal sent to the Temple administration on upgrading the computer labs on campus.

“We’re trying to upgrade our labs. Many labs we have are not adequate for what we need,” Baker said.

He stressed the need for all campus computers to have the same software, so students who have to leave a computer lab when it closes at night can go to the Paley Library or to the Tuttleman Learning Center’s computer labs to complete their work. TSG is also lobbying for newer printers and the addition of scanners in the campus computer labs.

Several representatives voiced concerns over food service at the Student Center. They have received complaints of rude employees at the various food service facilities. Baker said that he would bring this up with the administration.

He mentioned that some of the restaurants at the Student Center, like Burger King, would be extending their hours on the weekends. He also said that the administration has agreed to some form of limited food service on Sunday mornings starting at 9 a.m. to allow people who attend church services to have breakfast.

Earlier in the meeting, several resolutions and bills were approved unanimously by the government body. The resolutions dealt with the approval of new TSG organizational delegates and new members to the Allocations Committee. Anthony Gallegos was confirmed as new Deputy Director of Student Affairs. These new representatives were all sworn in after their confirmation. Seven bills allocating TSG funds to various organizations were also passed unanimously.