TSG elects Phelan as student trustee

The Temple Student Government (TSG) general assembly voted Ryan Phelan as student trustee on Monday. Phelan nominated himself for the position and won the position in a close election. He will serve the 22nd General

The Temple Student Government (TSG) general assembly voted Ryan Phelan as student trustee on Monday. Phelan nominated himself for the position and won the position in a close election. He will serve the 22nd General Assembly of TSG.

The position of student trustee is an important one because the student has the opportunity to work alongside decision makers whom the student body does not deal with directly.

As the student trustee, Phelan will attend Board of Trustee meetings and will serve as the liaison between the student body and the board. As student trustee he will also work closely with President David Adamany in hopes of conveying student concerns. The student trustee has no voting power on the board, however.

Meanwhile, next Monday will be the last meeting of the 21st General Assembly of TSG. At the May 3 meeting, administrative officers for the 22nd general assembly will be officially sworn in. Those offices include that of the student trustee, president, vice-president of student affairs, vice-president of academic affairs, secretary, speaker, treasurer, parliamentarian and press director.

In addition, there will be a beautification and clean-up day on May 15 on the Avenue of the Arts in Center City and Cecil B. Moore Avenue on Temple’s Main campus. Students are encouraged to attend.

Charmie Snetter can be reached at snett77@temple.edu.