TSG gives thanks for ‘04

Temple Student Government Vice President of Student Affairs Dekwuan Postell is vocal about most everything in Temple Student Government. In fact, at almost every meeting this year he charged representatives to be more vocal for

Temple Student Government Vice President of Student Affairs Dekwuan Postell is vocal about most everything in Temple Student Government. In fact, at almost every meeting this year he charged representatives to be more vocal for the sake of TSG and students all over campus.

“I talk a lot about accountability, being accountable for the bad things we do,” Postell said.

“Sometimes, we have to recognize the people that help us,” Postell said.

TSG’s executive officers agreed that freshman Juan Galleano was deserving of their Representative of the Year award. TSG President Naeem Thompson said of Galleano, “keep in mind he is freshman, I met him this summer at an information session at orientation…He’s always looking to help TSG.”

“I just wanted to thank you for letting me do what God intended,” Dean of Students Ainsley Carry said. “And that’s helping students.”

Also honored was Student Activities Program Coordinator Arnold Boyd, who attended every meeting this semester and many TSG events. Boyd also organized Temple’s fall leadership retreat. Many of TSG’s student leaders attended the leadership retreat.

“This is where things happen,” Boyd said. “That’s why I come every Monday.”

Another university employee that Thompson praised was Captain Eileen Bradley, head of special events for Temple Campus Safety. Bradley also never missed a meeting.

Playfully mocking her co-worker, Bradley took the stage saying, “I just wanted to be like Arnold Boyd. Thank you.”

TSG also recognized Rita Calicat, director of Student Activities, for her contributions throughout the semester, but specifically for her help with the “Vote or Die” campaign.

Chris Reber can be reached at chris.reber@temple.edu.