TSG Minutes

Members of La Salle University’s Student Government Association visited Temple Student Government on Monday as part of TSG’s efforts to open a line of communication and sharing of ideas between Temple student government and those

Members of La Salle University’s Student Government Association visited Temple Student Government on Monday as part of TSG’s efforts to open a line of communication and sharing of ideas between Temple student government and those of neighboring universities in the city.

LaSalle’s SGA members discussed their organization’s goals for the year in “advising, programming and advocating” for their students.

At the ninth General Assembly meeting, Dean of Student Affairs James Fitzsimmons discussed student violence in response to a recent incident on campus. Fitzsimmons encouraged students to work with student counseling services and campus police when faced with issues that can result in student against student violence.

In addition, Fitzsimmons announced there would be a Listening Circle for Temple Greeks Nov. 19 at 7 p.m. in room 302 of the Student Center. The listening circle will allow Greek organizations to discuss their roles within the Temple community and work to include new multicultural Greek organizations that are not recognized nationally by Greek organizations.

Fitzsimmons also announced plans for Temple’s “Respect Week” after Valentine’s Day weekend. Ideas for this year’s theme are welcomed.

Furthermore, new organizational representatives were sworn in Monday.

Also, Community Service Committee chair Cynthia Desir recapped the success of “Haunted Dorms” on Halloween weekend where neighborhood children trick or treated at Temple’s police station and Peabody and White Halls.

Charmie Snetter can be reached at snett77@temple.edu.