TSG plans end of semester events

Temple Student Government set plans for the rest of the school year Monday, April 19. Plans include an end-of-the-year banquet and community service activities. There will be a wrestling event May 8 at 5 p.m.

Temple Student Government set plans for the rest of the school year Monday, April 19. Plans include an end-of-the-year banquet and community service activities.

There will be a wrestling event May 8 at 5 p.m. to support the children of North Philadelphia. The event, “Showdown at Brown,” will be held at the R.W. Brown Community Center in conjunction with the Caring People Alliance, an organization dedicated to community outreach.

The General Assembly also approved a bill to allocate $2,500 for TSG’s end of the year banquet at Bridget Foy’s. In addition, it approved another bill to allocate $800 for food and drinks for the final general assembly meeting of the spring semester.

The TSG community service committee will host a series of events to close out the spring semester. The committee plans to offer more CPR training, a car wash and a clean up day, among others.

Inventor Stanford Ovshinsky will be lecturing on the solution to pollution, climate change and wars over oil today in the Student Center room 302. There will be a reception from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. and the lecture from 4 to 6 p.m.

Charmie Snetter can be reached at snett77@temple.edu.