TSG prepares for executive, General Assembly elections

Temple Student Government elections are right around the corner. Temple Student Government Elections Commissioner Shanee Satchell reminded students about upcoming dates for TSG elections at the General Assembly meeting Monday, March 12. TSG held an

Temple Student Government elections are right around the corner.

Temple Student Government Elections Commissioner Shanee Satchell reminded students about upcoming dates for TSG elections at the General Assembly meeting Monday, March 12.

TSG held an interest meetings on Wednesday, March 14, for students wishing to run for either General Assembly or executive positions. Packets for executive candidates are due to TSG March 16.

Voting for executive positions will take place April 2-3.

Nominations for GA positions will be announced on April 9, followed by nominees’ speeches and voting on April 16.

At the meeting Monday, TSG Chief of Staff David Lopez asked students to register online for Cherry and White Day in Harrisburg. On March 27, TSG will bus students to the capitol building to follow up with legislators on supporting state appropriations for higher education.

“I really don’t want to pay more for college,” Lopez said to the GA.

Registration forms are available at www.temple.edu/government/rally. Permission forms are available to download from the TU Nation website.

On March 20 and March 21, from noon until 2 p.m., TSG will hold its “What the Hoot?” event in the Student Center atrium, giving students the chance to submit questions or concerns about the university to TSG. Prizes will be awarded to the “best” questions.

In light of Temple men’s basketball’s first game in the NCAA Tournament, TSG Director of University Pride and Traditions Gabrielle Nichols told students about the Cherry and White Crusade’s trip to Tennessee. The Crusade is collecting donations to send students to Nashville for the March 16 game.

Amelia Brust can be reached at abrust@temple.edu.