TSG: What is your quest?

Many students do not have a clue what Temple Student Government (TSG) is or what it does. Little do they know that it makes crucial decisions for the entire student body. “TSG, as a whole,

Many students do not have a clue what Temple Student Government (TSG) is or what it does. Little do they know that it makes crucial decisions for the entire student body.

“TSG, as a whole, functions as a liaison between the students and administration. It is strictly for and run by students. We are here to voice the concerns of students,” said T.J. Baker, 2001-2002 TSG President.

TSG General Assembly meetings are held each Monday at 4:30 p.m. While all students are welcome to come and share ideas and opinions, only student organization leaders are permitted to vote on issues.
Not only does TSG make executive decisions, it also offers services for consultation on student issues, organizational activities, academic support, community programming and funding of registered organizations.

“TSG’s purpose is to stand as a parent body to all of Temple’s student organizations,” said Baker of Shillington, Pa.

For the upcoming year, he plans to boost academic resources on campus, create more student life activities and get all Temple University campuses involved.

As president, Baker’s main responsibilities include overseeing TSG’s activities, being there for the students, both academically and socially.

Who’s who in TSG
President – T.J. Baker
Chief of Staff – Anthony Gallegos
VP of Academic Affairs – Nicole Viscomi
VP of Student Affairs – Cara Mafuta
Speaker of the GA – Candyce Cox
Parliamentarian – Alleya Bess
Treasurer – Andrea Ray
Press Director – Candace Branch
Secretary – Jerry Rusnov
Office Manager – Danielle Terry

Upcoming Events
Homecoming “Catch the Wave” – Oct. 5 – 13
Third Annual Saturday Night Fever Dance-A-Thon – Oct. 6
And 1 Basketball Tournament – Oct. 7
Fall Fest – Oct. 9
Greek Expo and Showcase – Oct. 9
Career Fair – Oct. 10
Homecoming Fall Fest at Ambler – Oct. 10
Obstacle Course and Fitness Competition – Oct. 10
Pep Rally – Oct. 11
International Talent and Fashion Show – Oct. 11
Comedy Explosion – Oct. 12
Grad Test Tuesdays – Tues. in Oct. and Nov.
Take-A-Kid-To-The-Football-Game – Sat., during football season
TSG Thanks for Giving Month
Town Hall Meetings
Big Owl, Little Owl
Norris Homes Literacy Program
AIDS Network Concert

TSG Committees
Community Affairs
Student Life
External Affairs
Academic Affairs
Internal Operations
University Fees and Services
University Resources and Services
Graduate & Professional Affairs

$$$ Money, Money, Money $$$
Many students do not know that TSG provides funding for registered student organizations. To receive funding, an organization must first confirm its status by filling out an application form from the Allocation’s Chair in SC, room 230. The Allocation Board will then review the request and make a recommendation to the TSG General Assembly. After it is approved by the General Assembly, it is either approved or disapproved by the Student Body President.

For more information on how to get involved with TSG or to receive funding for an organization, stop by SC, room 230, call 215-204-8727 or send an e-mail to tsg@astro.temple.edu.